2 Barrel Dog Seat Cover & Utility Mat by Mud River
Mud River 2 Barrel Dog Seat Cover for Trucks, SUVs or Cars
The 2 Barrel Dog Seat Cover sports a rugged look & durability to protect your vehicle's back seat from the mess that comes with outdoor adventures with your best furry friend. Use the ... Read More
Airline Approved Deluxe Dog Carrier by Sherpa Pet
Sherpa Pet Airline Approved Deluxe Dog Carrier
First class travel for your dog! This stylish deluxe dog carrier is great for any traveler and is guaranteed on most major airlines to allow your pet on-board the airplane with you. Make your trip has... Read More
Airline Approved Wander Dog Carrier by Kurgo
Kurgo Wander Airline Approved Dog Carrier
Taking your small dog or cat on your daily errands in your vehicle or traveling by air just became easier with the Wander Dog Carrier in a stylish, designer color scheme. If you are on the go, this is the ... Read More
Chilly Dogs Reversible Alpine Blanket
Chilly Dogs Reversible Alpine Dog Blanket
Keep your dog cozy and warm no matter where life takes you. The Reversible Dog Blanket is made with a cozy microfleece on one side and a windproof and waterproof nylon on the other - making it a perfect th... Read More
Custom Camo Dog Seat Cover by Canine Covers
Canine Covers Custom Camo Seat Cover for Dogs
Protect your truck, SUV or car rear seat in style from all your outdoor adventures with your dog using the Custom Camo Dog Seat Cover.
No matter where life takes you and your dog - to the beach or to ... Read More
Custom Paw Print Seat Covers by Canine Covers
Canine Covers Custom Paw Print Dog Seat Cover
Let your dog's muddy paw prints blend into this stylish Custom Paw Print Dog Seat Cover while keeping your seat upholstery clean & dry. These custom-fit, suede-finish seat covers are designed to p... Read More
Custom Rear Seat Cover by Canine Covers
Canine Covers Custom Back Seat Cover & Protector
Dogs love to go for a ride and to travel in your vehicle. However, having your canine best friend along can reap havoc onto your vehicle. Fido can scratch your upholstery with sharp nails, mark ... Read More
Deluxe Sta-Put Bench Seat Cover by Solvit
Solvit Deluxe Sta-Put™ Bench Seat Cover for Dogs
Keep your back seat protected while giving your dog a soft, comfortable place to ride. The Deluxe Sta-Put Bench Seat Cover is designed with a durable microfiber suede over a polyester batting for a ... Read More
Deluxe Sta-Put Cargo Cover by Solvit
Solvit Deluxe Sta-Put™ Cargo Cover for Dogs
The Deluxe Sta-Put Cargo Cover gives your dog a comfortable place to ride while protecting your SUV's rear cargo area with a polyester microfiber suede material. The Sta-Put® technology features 9 hook &... Read More
Denier Messenger Dog Carrier by Doggles
Doggles Denier Messenger Dog Carrier Bag
The Denier Messenger Dog Carrier is a perfect bag for those that love to have your small dog close to you and prefer practicality with a designer bag. The Denier Messenger Dog Carrier showcases true functio... Read More
Dog Carrier Restraint Straps
Kurgo Dog Carrier Restraint Straps for Vehicles
Traveling with your dog just got easier! Now you can safely keep your dog in their favorite carrier or travel crate for any ride. Simply strap in the carrier using the Kurgo Dog Carrier Restraint Str... Read More
Gear for Traveling with Dogs from Vehicle to Air
Traveling with dogs can be very enjoyable for both you and your dog. Dogs quickly become a part of our family so it only makes sense that we want to take them with us whenever it is possible from running errands around town to dog-friendly vacations. More and more places are now becoming dog-friendly, making it even easier to take trips with your pooch. Having your dog with you during long trips helps alleviate separation anxiety & the worry of not knowing how they are doing.
No matter what mode of transportation you choose to take- cars, trains, buses, planes - we have the travel dog supplies you need to make your travel time easy and stress free. At Cross Peak Products, we have a wide selection of travel accessories, carriers, portable crates, travel beds, travel water bowls and other travel gear for dogs that allow your pooch to travel safely and comfortably no matter where you are headed.
In addition to travel accessories, we also vehicle travel supplies for your car, truck or SUV. Just like we wear our seat belt to stay safe when traveling by car, dogs also should have some form of restraint so that they do not go flying out of the vehicle upon a sudden stop or accident. Additionally, having your dog restrained keeps them from distracting you while driving and prevents them from jumping out of the car right away when you open the door or out the window at a distraction.
Dog car seats are a great option for small dogs. Car seats for dogs usually are designed with a tether that attaches to your pooch's collar or harness to keep them safe. If your dog is too large for a car seat, a safety harness is a great option. Safety harnesses act as a seat belt, allowing you you to buckle your dog in. However, not everyone is comfortable using a "dog seat belt." That's okay - there are many other options available that keep your dog safe.One of the more popular options to keeping a dog safe when traveling is to keep them in their carrier or crate. The carrier can easily be strapped into the vehicle to prevent it from moving, sliding, or tipping when driving.
A necessity for traveling with dogs, especially by vehicle, is a dog seat cover or cargo mat. Seat covers will help to keep your car, SUV, van or truck interior protected and clean. Pet seat covers keep mud, dirt, pet hair, grime and accidents from ruining your seats. If you have a senior dog, vehicle ramps may be an added bonus to help your dog get into the vehicle easier. Dog ramps are a must for canines that just can’t jump up anymore, but are too heavy for you to lift up.
Tips for Traveling by Car
- Most canines love to ride in cars and it is fun to take them along. One important tip: Do not feed your dog right before a trip, especially if they get motion sickness. This often will end up with a mess in your vehicle.
- Stop frequently for exercise and potty breaks, especially during long trips or if traveling with a puppy. To ensure these stops go well, remember to pack a collar, leash, treats and poop bags.
- Always have enough water for your dog. A trip brings on excitement or even stress for your dog, either of which can cause them to become dehydrated.
- Never leave your dog in your vehicle alone, especially in summer. Even with the windows cracked, a parked car in the sun can heat up to 160 degrees in minutes. Even in the shade, a car will heat up quickly. Dogs can easily get overheated, get dehydrated and suffer from heat stroke.
- If you will be traveling with a puppy, get them acclimated to your vehicle before your first long trip. To do so, first just sit in your vehicle with your dog without moving or leaving the driveway. Next, start with a short drive, perhaps around the neighborhood. Lastly, expand the length of your trips based on your puppy's progress.
Traveling by Air
If you are going somewhere that is not in driving distance, it may be better to find pet airways that allow dogs to be transported. Flying with a dog can be a pleasant travel experience if you plan beforehand. If you have a small dog, you may be in luck to have your pooch stay in the cabin with you. Many airlines will allow you to bring an airline approved carrier with you as long as it fits under the seat in front of you. Large dogs must go in the cargo area and hence must have an airline approved crate. Ensure your dog has a collar with a tag that has your cell number and other pertinent information on it.
Tips for Flying with Pets
- Call the airline to make a reservation for your dog and to ensure the crate or carrier dimensions are allowed on that specific airline.
- Prepare your dog for the length of the flight. To do so, work up to leaving them in their carrier or crate for the same amount of time, ensuring that they are comfortable.
- Get health certifications and proof of vaccinations. All airlines require these documents. Be sure to have copies with you.
Tips for Traveling Overnight with Your Dog
Find a hotel that allows dogs before your arrival. There are many dog-friendly hotels available depending on where you are traveling.
- Check out the special amenities for your pooch at the various dog-friendly hotels. There may be special beds, treats, or even doggie daycares available that make it a special trip for your dog too.
- Take a favorite bed or toy so that your dog has something familiar from home.
- Be sure to check in with the dog hotel for their recommendations on dog-friendly places and local activities for the two of you to do together.
- Once you arrive at the hotel, go for a long walk with your dog. This will help them relieve their stress from the trip, get rid of cooped up energy and calm them.
1. Top 10 Best Dog Friendly Hotels Across U.S.
Book a hotel before your travel! Find out which hotels are super dog-friendly and the special amenities they offer just for pooches.
2. Dog Friendly Beaches in NJ
A must read article for anyone traveling to a beach area in NJ with their dogs.